High altitude works
A large number of high-rise constructions are currently being used all over the world.
- industrial chimneys;
- radio and TV towers;
- mobile communication towers;
- power transmission towers;
- bridges, crossovers, viaducts etc;
- residential, administrative and industrial buildings;
- other high-rise constructions.
Being particularly exposed to deterioration, high-rise constructions require special attention. Various factors such as atmospheric precipitation, seasonal and daily temperature oscillations, wind pressure, chemical influences etc. have an impact on the condition of high-rise constructions.
Practice demonstrates that the condition of high-rise constructions requires recurrent monitoring.
Monitoring should extend to:
- condition of material the high-rise construction is built from (concrete, bricks, metal shape etc);
- condition of metalwork (the ratio of corroded metal to non-corroded metal, the condition of fastening elements, the condition of anticorrosive coating);
- condition of electric equipment on the high-rise construction (signal lights, lightning protection, electric light fitting);
- verticality deviation;
- condition of support structures (foundation elements etc.).